COVID-19 has amplified the existing economic vulnerabilities that women face while giving rise to the rate of unemployment and continuing the gender wage gap. The need for a feminist economy has never been more apparent than now. Think Women: Peer Network for a Feminist Economy will support a feminist response and recovery from the current impacts of COVID-19 by implementing a systemic change to support the inclusion of women’s voices, particularly equity-seeking groups, in the planning for economic recovery.
The goal of Think Women: Peer Network for a Feminist Economy is to address systemic barriers by advancing inclusive policies and practices, encouraging more equitable and effective sharing of resources, increasing networks and collaboration to accelerate systemic change, and supporting the positive distribution of authority, voices, and decision-making power to support women’s equality.
Who is invited to the peer network
Nonprofit organizations that serve women, particularly women from equity-seeking groups: BIPOC, low-income women, women with disabilities, French minorities and LGBTQ2+,
What you get from joining the Network
- Engage with a wide network of organizations that serve women across Canada and share your best practices, emerging issues and stay up-to-date with trends that might impact your services or program delivery.
- Support the advancement of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion and the development of programs that support women.
- Increase the visibility of your organization
- Participate in shaping policies that impact women
- Access capacity-building workshops to grow your organizations (available only for small-medium organizations that serve equity-seeking groups).
How you can participate in the Peer Network
- Attend our quarterly national meetings to discuss the impact of the pandemic on women’s economic security, and share emerging issues, trends, recommendations, and best practices in response to the crisis.
- Join one of the working groups that focus on the economic impact of COVID-19 on specific underrepresented groups.
- Join our free-of-cost capacity-building training to achieve your mission. Only small and medium organizations that support women from equity-seeking groups can join (spots are limited, so register now!)
Interested in joining the peer network? Please fill out the form below.