The Women’s Economic Council (WEC) is a national charitable non-profit focused on women’s economic security. Our small team of 15 individuals is spread across Canada and mostly works virtually. On a day-to-day basis, our team relies on the G Suite, Zoom, Dropbox, OneDrive and iCloud.
We are looking for a qualified IT Consultant that will help us plan our digital transformation strategy and install and maintain our computer systems. A successful candidate must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware, and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
Currently, our staff are using different productivity bundles (e.g. Office 365, G Suite, Dropbox). Our goal is to streamline our system and choose one that meets our needs. As an IT Consultant, your role is to help us make an informed decision regarding which bundle we choose and provide all the technical support we need until we transition to the new system.
- Assess our team’s needs and aspirations regarding document collaboration, document storage, CRM and web-meeting software
- Identify the opportunities and challenges in our current digital systems
- Transition our systems to Office 365 or G Suite
- Where necessary, propose alternative solutions to those currently in use
- Create a digital strategy that includes a roadmap with checkpoints to assess our progress over time
- Install and configure appropriate software and perform troubleshooting if needed
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software
- Proven experience as an IT Consultant or another relevant position
- Relevant diploma, degree or certificates
- 3-5 years of experience implementing and administering Office 365 and G Suite
- Experience in requesting and installing software from TechSoup
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Experience in providing diagnostic and troubleshooting online
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
This will be a short-term contract between (one to two months). Our budget for this contract is 5K. You will be working virtually and will have the freedom to set the pace of your own work as long as you meet set deadlines.
How to Apply
The deadline for submitting your application is February 21st, 2020 at 4 PM. Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please type “IT Consultant Job Application +your name” in the email subject. Add your name to all attachments.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.